We believe in God, the Creator and Sustainor of the world and all of humanity. God exists in three Persons, distinct but inseparable and united in holiness and love. The three persons – God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit – make up the Trinity.
- God the Father is holy and everlasting. He chooses to be in a relationship with mankind and constantly proclaims His love for us and all of His creation.
- God the Son is the Word of God which came to Earth. Because of God’s love for us, He chose to become one of us – Jesus of Nazareth – who is fully God and fully human. Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit and was born to the Virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life and then suffered and died as the only fitting sacrifice for our sins. He defeated sin and death by rising from the grave and ascended to the Father. He sits at the Father’s right hand and intercedes for us. Someday, He will return as King and Judge in final victory.
- God the Holy Spirit is the living presence of God which convicts us of our sins and reveals God’s love through Jesus Christ, enabling us to experience new birth. The Holy Spirit transforms us into the likeness of Christ and produces within us the fruits of holiness and love.
We believe that both the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible are the inspired word of God. God reveals himself through the scriptures. The Bible contains all things necessary for one to be in relationship with God. The Bible is God’s gift and the final authority for our beliefs and a guide for daily living.
We believe that God created all of humanity in His image in order to be in a relationship with Him. Every person has sacred worth. Sin and a lack of trust in God damaged His original intention for mankind. This causes us to be separated from what we were meant to be, from others and from God.
We believe that God, in His mercy, made a way for all of us to be reconciled to Him forever and to have His image restored in us. By grace, God gives us all an opportunity to respond to Him by faith. When we turn away from our self-centered life and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior, we accept God’s forgiveness, are reborn and begin the the process of being transformed into the likeness of Jesus. The Holy Spirit guides us toward God and makes true love for God and others possible.
We believe that the church is composed of all of the redeemed people of God, a true living body of Christ and is the community of the kingdom of God. The church is made up of people who committed to grow into the likeness of Christ and to proclaim and live the Good News – that is, the Gospel – of salvation, love, reconciliation, healing and hope.
We express our beliefs by seeking to excel in five specific areas. We believe that by doing so we are expressing our faith, growing our faith and serving our neighbors. These areas are:
- Radical Hospitality
- Passionate Worship
- Intentional Faith Development
- Risk-Taking Mission and Service
- Extravagant Generousity